Any local CZ 75/Tanfoglio Witness lovers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to see 'pre B' CZ-75s and assorted Tanfoglio pistols at about every pawn and gun shop in town.
Over the last few weekends I've hit up every place in town I could find, and have come up empty handed.

Is gunbroker my best option nowadays?:anyone:

farpoint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Reed's Ammo on the net. You could get a new EAA Witness for $30 to $55 bucks more in your choice steel or polymer and in the caliber. I've found them at gun shows $350. used in 9mm to $575.new.
I have the full size in 10MM Wonderfinish for $539. new from Reed's 2 year's ago. The 10mm is more, but the other calibers are cheaper.Also,I have a full size Witness P [polymer] in .45ACP I found at the Metcalf last year for $400.
Both guns are great DA/SA PISTOLS. My Moss Back-gunsmith single action 1911 only friend who despied the very existance of DA action, much less a poly pistols, fell in love with the .45 ACP.
On a budget you can't beat. Plus they have conversion kits; 9mm,10mm,.38 super,.40S&W, & .45. for under $250. Quite a platform to work off of.
Now I did try and interchange slides from pistol to pistol, but without any luck. Maybe because the frames one steel, and the other is plastic.
You can check Gunsamerica [the better place for deals]or GunBroker for prices also. Mags were $22. each.
Enjoy.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
h&h has the armalite version of the cz75 on their used shelf right now.

*Drool* I long to feel one of those in person.

Since my new-found love of Sigs, I've noticed that I love my CZs more than I originally thought (and they come close to feeling like a Sig in the hand). I used to think that the P-01 was un-carryable (because it likes to pierce my kidney with that damn beaver-tail), but since I switched holsters, I'm actually loving it.

Check out the new Omega triggers from CZ - those models have the "new trigger" which is basically a non firing-pin block model.

I'd actually love to get a CZ 97 and another 75 with the Omega trigger in it (and the P-07 is a very nice plastic gun, but with the mag-release recall already going, and CZ's reputation with a few less-than-stellar plastic models, I'm waiting to see what the popular opinion is on it).

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
*Drool* I long to feel one of those in person.

i'm a fan of the cz75's myself and if i had the cash i woulda picked up the one at h&h. it looked pretty new and the price was like $450 if i remember correctly.
They're supposed to be markedly better than the base Witness and even the CZ75.

I need to swing by and take a look some time :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom