Any one into Rc helicopter or multirotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have decided I need a helicoptor or multirotor in my life. My first reaction is to build a multi rotor from scratch but since I have never flown one I think I should buy a cheap one to fiddle around with first. Any one have any suggestions on a decent one to play around with I have bought a Walmart airhogs helicopter in the past but it was kinda junk. Besides a starter one has anyone built a multi rotor that could give some input on this project.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have decided I need a helicoptor or multirotor in my life. My first reaction is to build a multi rotor from scratch but since I have never flown one I think I should buy a cheap one to fiddle around with first. Any one have any suggestions on a decent one to play around with I have bought a Walmart airhogs helicopter in the past but it was kinda junk. Besides a starter one has anyone built a multi rotor that could give some input on this project.

Helicopters - look at the Blade helicopters. You can start with beginner or an intermediate model before moving into collective pitch. Collective Pitch helicopters are where the real fun is at.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out Oklahoma Hobbies and RC on SW 74th just west of Penn.
The local RC Helicopter and Multi-rotor club is Collective R/C on Facebook.
Watch them fly at the club field on SW 15th, 2blocks west of McArthur on southside of SW 15th
on the weekends.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All fun a games until someone wearing a hat made of tin foil blasts it out of the sky and claims the government was trying to spy on him. I have a few buddies into building these things as well as RC planes. They are extremely fun but like you said start cheap. Go on ebay and find a decent used one that wont break your heart to crash A LOT. I know people with 5-600 invested in just a controller for the damn thing and well over a grand put in the helio.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I added everything up and the multi rotor I would like to build will set me back 2-300 dollars, I don't want to crash that right out of the gate so I was looking at spending 50-100 for a starter one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom