Any Ruger Wrangler shooters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To conserve on centerfire handgun reloading components / ammo I've been kicking around the idea of getting some .22 LR rated push in the ground type gongs and or spinners that seem to be pretty abundant at Academy, Atwood's etc.

At TCGC I'm pretty sure that I'll have to place the steel targets at the 25 yard berm, not anywhere between the firing line and the berm, and set no taller than the current club supplied 25 yard gongs.

Anyway, for those that have been shooting the Wrangler now for awhile do you feel that they offer a pretty good bang for the buck for around $199.00 + tax locally ?

Ruger Wrangler.jpg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as you realize the gun isn't priced like a single six so your not getting the same materials and fit and finish going into it. I picked mine up for $169. Then yes they are solid little guns. Biggest complaint is the loading gate is a mother to open. I left the one I own opened in the safe all the time to take out some of the tension on the spring. The fit and finish was kinda disappointing on mine. I mean 20 seconds more with a sander before ceracoat would have made a huge difference. My son runs this gun hard. It has some minor polishing inside and wolff gun springs installed and its a smooth running little gun that has taken some above average punishment. He has some Rough Riders that he ran for a while before this one. There is no comparison the ruger is a much better built gun after having both apart and seeing them run hard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom