Any serious Colt collectors on the board?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to test the waters locally before going to GB on some Colts automatics. Family medical issues are forcing the sale of a good size (25 to 35) collection of early Colts to pay the mounting bills. There will be a number of 1903, 1905, 1907, 1908 Colts autos that are in near perfect shape. So just checking to see if there are any serious collectors here in OKC that would like to have a shot before they go nationally. Would even entertain offers for the compete collection is somebody is properly funded. It probably will be another two weeks before a complete inventory is completed with pics that can be shared with the group but I would like to judge the interest to see if it should be completed for local buyers or just putting them on GB one at a time. There won't be any trades accepted just cash and carry as the doctors seem to want cash.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25-35 pieces is a decent size lot for firearms. I would highly recommend looking into the services of an auctioneer. Especially if you have some rare pieces that would draw some collector interest.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really know about the collection, it probably wouldn't be worth an auctioneer doing an auction just for this collection. BUT, if you could get into an auction they are already having, you'll most certainly get the most for your guns at a local auction. People seem to go crazy about collectible guns, particularly at an auction.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to test the waters locally before going to GB on some Colts automatics. Family medical issues are forcing the sale of a good size (25 to 35) collection of early Colts to pay the mounting bills. There will be a number of 1903, 1905, 1907, 1908 Colts autos that are in near perfect shape. So just checking to see if there are any serious collectors here in OKC that would like to have a shot before they go nationally. Would even entertain offers for the compete collection is somebody is properly funded. It probably will be another two weeks before a complete inventory is completed with pics that can be shared with the group but I would like to judge the interest to see if it should be completed for local buyers or just putting them on GB one at a time. There won't be any trades accepted just cash and carry as the doctors seem to want cash.

I would love to see some pic's with prices. Hope all is well

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really know about the collection, it probably wouldn't be worth an auctioneer doing an auction just for this collection. BUT, if you could get into an auction they are already having, you'll most certainly get the most for your guns at a local auction. People seem to go crazy about collectible guns, particularly at an auction.

Sorry I thought that went without saying. You definitely wouldn't want to have an auction with just your guns, you'd have to piggyback with other owners and get into a larger sale. I was just saying live auction is the way to go, I have seen guns sell a few times at auction and it's understood that you aren't getting at any bargains when you purchase firearms at an auction. There's always someone there that going going to make you pay what it's worth. A lot of times you'll pay a touch more than that for the luxury of taking it home that day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom