Any Suggestions On Scope and Mounting For Mini 14?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retiredTU2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not much of a rifle guy. I have a Ruger Mini-14 that I got a few years ago and now have grandchildren who are getting to the age when they can start shooting more than 22's. I need some advice on a scope and mounting for the Ruger and suggestions where to get that done in/near Tulsa. Thanks for any help!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If its a ranch rifle - use Ruger's scope rings and be done with it (Sports World or possibly Medlocks - Lash's used to be the place for stuff like that but since he closed, I don't know).

If its a non ranch-rifle with no factory-ring-option, get a quality mount (B-Square and one other were the only two I could find that were worth a crap when I had mine).

Avoid NcStar's mount or other cheap aluminum options at all costs - I went through two and finally got a nicer one and would have been better served by lighting my money on fire for the first two.

Again, Sports World or Medlocks would be the only two places (Bass Pro maybe) that I would even think to check for ruger Mini-14 stuff like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom