Any tricks stretching the instep of new boots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought some new boots and can't get them on.I have a high arch and always have this problem.I took them to a boot shop and they stretched them as much as they would stretch them.They are afraid the stitching will rip if stretched anymore.These are justins and they usually have a higher instep than most brands.Right now I just put a softball in there with a lot of leather conditioner on the outside.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't get them on to wear them dry.The only boots that fit my feet were custom made and a little over $800.00.If I am going to spend that kind of money I would rather buy a gun.My family use to own a western store and I have tried about every brand there is and never found a boot out of the box that wasn't a pain to get on my feet.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you wanna get a pair made for less than $800 (I think it's 5 or $600) for full custom, I recommend Becks in Amarillo. If you ever get near there, they have shelf boots you could try. I had a pair of their boots on in 12" of mud and water while I was fixing a water leak today. This particular pair is 6yrs old, been used hard and still don't leak a drop. You may not be interested but there's my endorsement. Lol

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Place a plastic bag (or 2-3 bread sacks stacked together) full of water inside, then put 'em in the freezer. Leather conditioner inside and out might be a good idea.

Stretched a pair of steel-toed boots that way years ago. Might take more than one attempt to get 'em loose enough.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom