Any tricks stretching the instep of new boots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I have said there are no out of the box boots that fit my feet.I have tried Ariat,Nocona,Justin,Tony Lama, Larry Mayhan,Lucchessee,Twisted X and a few more.The western store my Dad owned sold enough Luchessee boots the area supervisor was nice enough to have boots made especially for me.He isn't around anymore and I am sure the reason he went to such trouble was that we bought several thousand dollars worth of boot from him over the years.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got you covered. Does you wife knit?
Cowboy booties.png

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't get them on to wear them dry.The only boots that fit my feet were custom made and a little over $800.00.If I am going to spend that kind of money I would rather buy a gun.My family use to own a western store and I have tried about every brand there is and never found a boot out of the box that wasn't a pain to get on my feet.
Then wear tennis shoes with velcro straps

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem with running shoes at all, just boots.I wear brooks or nikes 80% of the time.Occasionally I like something a little different.I will try steelfingers method of beating the boots next week when I have more time.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give J.W. Ellis a call in Newcastle at 405-387-4335, he's pretty well known when it comes to boot repair and gets boots sent to him from all across the country and at one time built custom boots.

In May he stretched a pair of Justin's and two pair of Lucchese's for for me, in the toe area, after I broke my little toe a few years back and it healed with a hump in it and I had given up on ever wearing boots again because they rubbed the toe so bad.....he also was able to open up the instep on one pair of the Lucchese's to make them easier to get off and on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom