Anybody been after the pheasants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got out opening day and went to Billings and Pond Creek. We ended up with 8 birds between four of us and saw some good dog work by my brother's shorthair. The surprising thing was we moved 5 coveys of quail. Couldn't hit any of them but saw more quail than I have seen in years. Only took this one pic of my best friend from the Muskogee High Class of '77, Mike Mahaffey. This was his first pheasant hunt and he got this bird on the first point of the day.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Mahaffeyjpg.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a place around Pond creek, but its only wheat field. Tiny strip of grass/brush that holds a pheasant or two, and maybe a covey of quail. It rare to get anything from there, as the coyotes keep them harassed pretty well. I hit it once or twice a season.

Elsewhere, I have seen a few more pheasant than last year, but its mostly hens. Years past, we see more roosters than hens, and other years its the opposite. Mother nature taking care of things I guess.

Badley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone knows that Grant County is a public walk-in hunting area. All you have to do is show your toll both reciept as notice of permission.

Latest posts

Top Bottom