Anybody CC a Ruger LC9 or LCR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really thinking of changing up my CCW and going with either one of the Rugers, would like to hear some input from anybody that currently carries either one. Thanks.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the looks and feel of the LCR, never shot one though....I had an LCP, and if the LC9 is just a bigger version, I think I would like it. But would like to hear from the guys that shoot and carry them.

Mexican carry...

Daily+carry1.JPG

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I considered the LC9 to replace my LCP but it was quite a bit bigger and I didn't like the magazine disconnect safety. I compared the Kel Tec PF9, P-11, LC9, and the Diamondback DB9.
I chose the DB9 for its size and Glock characteristics plus it fit in my DeSantis G3 hoster that I carried my LCP in. I'm sure the LC9 is a great weapon but just not my cup of tea.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried an LC9 all summer. I've put 400-500 rounds through it and never had any problems. The sights are heads and tails better than the LCP or LCR, and the rear sight is adjustable. I keep the pinky extension mag base plate on even when carrying because it's a little jumpy without it. It doesn't affect concealment. Ruger says not to feed the LC9 too many +P loads, so I've stayed away from them. I use 115gr target rounds for practice, and I carry it with 7+1 147gr Speer Gold Dots.

I even fired a box of 100 115gr mixed brass reloaded rounds through it without any hiccups.

It took me a while to warm up to the DOA trigger. The pull is long and light, and it stacks at the end. I pulled it right a lot at first, but practice got me on target.

Do you have any specific questions?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried an LCP for a long time and decided to upgrade to the LC9. Worst decision ever! I can't put my finger on what it was but I hated the LC9. I am a HUGE ruger fan but just could not get used to the LC9. I carry the SR9c now, which isn't much bigger, and its head and shoulders better. Its not a lot bigger but its twice the gun. You might look into one. I need to find another LCP now, I miss my old one.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a look at the walther pps first. All the benefits of a smaller 9mm but no mag disconnect or loaded chamber indicator. Also its a true striker fire and has interchanging backstraps

Latest posts

Top Bottom