Anybody else not like the fingergroove on an A2 grip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got this idea from another forum and thought I'd try it. I apologize for the lack of pictures during the process. Camera batteries were dead and I was itching to do it. Plus I was bored today.

So I started with a normal A2 grip
ai54.tinypic.com_8yanm8.gif

I then took it to the bench grinder and removed most of the finger protusions. Be careful not to get into the actual handle. I left enough that I could smooth it out with me DA sander. Reference pic below, this is what was removed.
ai51.tinypic.com_2eci3r8.jpg

I then sanded the rest of the finger groove area flat. I sand off the checkering on the side and flattened the rear out just alittle bit. I did not take the time to remove all the grooves on the rear, because I wanted to use the center back of it later.

So after I got it all smoothed up, I took my pointed soldering iron and stimpled the sides, front, and along that little center backstrap part. When I was done stimpling, I lightly sanded the stimpled areas with the DA to knock off the sharp, rough edges of the stimple.

It turned out very well for the first time I've stimpled anything. It is now in the painting process and I will get some batteries for the camera to post the finished product. I like the way it feels now. I don't use this grip and couldn't seem to give it away, but I'm glad now, because I may just put it back on the rifle. Maybe this will help some of you who still have the A2 grip and just aren't happy with it. I think I have an hour (maybe) in the whole project at this point, other then waiting on paint to dry.
Thanks Jason

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes I know that you can get an A1 grip like that, but the point was that you can simply modify your A2 and get something different for cheap. I just like doing the projects because it kills time for me on my days off. Thanks for the compliment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom