Anybody ever taken cortizone shots for Plantar Faciitis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry I got in this thread late, but I still want to share what helped mine.

First, I would wake up in the mornings and basically do this 'duck walk' around the room until my feet came around. Painful stuff. Hurt like heck to play tennis and later, just to walk.

Those Dr Scholls inserts at Wal Mart are a freaking JOKE. They are worthless. A guy at a shoe store introduced me to the Birkenstock insoles. I use the Birko Balance ones. Instead of squishy worthless gel filled garbage, these are a rigid material, like cork. I used to think I needed something extra soft, but what you need is something rigid to keep your foot in the correct 'shape'. Now I have no pain in the mornings and can run and play tennis without that twisting pain. They seem to last me about 6 months, you will know when they wear out. They are about $60 most places, but there is one Ebay store that has them shipped for $40.

Anyway, they make other types but the Birko Balance model worked great for me. I tried their other types but the Balance model has the high sides that help shape your foot. http://www.amazon.com/Birkenstock-BirkoBalance-Arch-Support-Insoles/dp/B002Y4DA16

I am eager to try some of the other solutions here. But before you get any injections, TRY the Birko Balance insoles.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried all of the home remedies listed here, and finally found by trial and error that if I wore my good hiking boots(lots of support) with firm insoles like boatcephus mentioned I could wake up in the morning, hobble to my boots, put them on and be for the most part pain free.

I was carrying Mail at the time(box to box in the mail trucks), so if I consciously kept my foot in a flexed up position while driving I could go all day pain free, but as soon as I forgot about it and let my toes relax down (pointed) then the tendons or whatever would tighten up and cause pain until I got it stretched back out.

A few weeks off wearing the right shoes I was good to go. I've since donated all my shoes that caused pain (you become very aware of which shoes are bad for you) and haven't had a problem in over a year.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and experience, I think I am gonna do the stretches and water bottle for a while and see if that helps before I do the shot. I'm not so much worried about the shot hurting as much as I am about the shot doing permanent damage to the natural padding in the heels. I said not worried as much but dang near as much..LOL .

Dont forget to check your footwear. My hunting boots were the only thing that I wore that did not cause any pain. I figured it must have been the fresh sole inserts that I put into them each season. I retired every other thing that had been on my foot; sandals, boatshoes, tennis shoes & very worn out pair of dayhikers. Whatever progress you make from stretching will just be set back by wearing the same old shoes.

CraigA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try a golf ball instead of a tennis ball. i started to develop a case of this and used the golf ball within two weeks it was better. Do it atg least twice a day. at first you will barely be able to put and pressure on it. But eventually you will be able to place most of your weight on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom