Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
166206469_3975144305879383_1513554216753098553_n.jpg
Surprised Rick hasn't posted these yet

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This came today, a 10/22 CNC bolt from JWH Custom. Anybody who played a lot of Super Mario Bros will recognize this guy.
View attachment 199141
Talk to me about this 10/22 bolt. I have a couple 10/22's in the safe that don't get used much. Reason why is because they are not reliable in competition. (My Nordic NC-22 upper is 100%)
Took one that wasn't broken in to a match Saturday and it failed time after time. Different issues, FTF, FTE, stovepipe, and so on. Got my malfunction drills in top order by the end of the day though. Embarrassing.
I know there are tons of mods out there. If the design ran 100% out of the factory there wouldn't be the plethora of companies making mods for it to increase reliability.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk to me about this 10/22 bolt. I have a couple 10/22's in the safe that don't get used much. Reason why is because they are not reliable in competition. (My Nordic NC-22 upper is 100%)
Took one that wasn't broken in to a match Saturday and it failed time after time. Different issues, FTF, FTE, stovepipe, and so on. Got my malfunction drills in top order by the end of the day though. Embarrassing.
I know there are tons of mods out there. If the design ran 100% out of the factory there wouldn't be the plethora of companies making mods for it to increase reliability.
I bought the bolt for two reasons, the first and main reason being I just thought it looked really cool! Second reason; a lot of the aftermarket bolts have a “captured “ firing pin that is supposed to keep it in position and keep it from striking the outer rim of the round. So it’s possible it’ll take care of some FTF, I didn’t have a whole lot of those anyway.
I’ve never done any competitions, I’m looking into getting into that. Bought the rifle here in the classifieds, it came with a TacSol barrel and a nice Hogue stock. Shot lights out as it was since day one but I just started adding parts to it and haven’t quit!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the bolt for two reasons, the first and main reason being I just thought it looked really cool! Second reason; a lot of the aftermarket bolts have a “captured “ firing pin that is supposed to keep it in position and keep it from striking the outer rim of the round. So it’s possible it’ll take care of some FTF, I didn’t have a whole lot of those anyway.
I’ve never done any competitions, I’m looking into getting into that. Bought the rifle here in the classifieds, it came with a TacSol barrel and a nice Hogue stock. Shot lights out as it was since day one but I just started adding parts to it and haven’t quit!
Thanks for the reply.
I can appreciate the cool factor in gun mods. We all want the best and tacticool mods for the range crowd to drool over.
I'm "assuming" others have experienced my 10-22 failures and buy the aftermarket products to cure that issue.
My Ruger pistols are 100% reliable. The rifles are the only thing giving me fits. Both Stainless.
I know there is a break-in period as well as lubrication. I'm a huge champion of lubing ones firearm although there are some that profess to "run them dry".
You wouldn't run your vehicle "dry", why your gun?

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I can appreciate the cool factor in gun mods. We all want the best and tacticool mods for the range crowd to drool over.
I'm "assuming" others have experienced my 10-22 failures and buy the aftermarket products to cure that issue.
My Ruger pistols are 100% reliable. The rifles are the only thing giving me fits. Both Stainless.
I had a Ruger 22/45 pistol that was a jam-o-matic out of the gate. I changed parts, dremeled magazines, sent it to Ruger, it continued to suck. I finally ended up trading it for a cheapo 30-06 to a guy (with full disclosure on the problems I had with it), lost a lot of money on that deal! I feel your pain!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Ruger 22/45 pistol that was a jam-o-matic out of the gate. I changed parts, dremeled magazines, sent it to Ruger, it continued to suck. I finally ended up trading it for a cheapo 30-06 to a guy (with full disclosure on the problems I had with it), lost a lot of money on that deal! I feel your pain!
My Ruger Mark III hunter in stainless runs flawlessly. It's my steel Challenge gun. I've seen issues with the 22/45's as well on the steel challenge ranges.
It's just the rifles giving me fits. Running full stock currently. Expect that to change. Can't handle a gun that won't run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom