Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll post a pic later, but I got a lower from Brownell's that I had transferred via Academy. The FFL selector on the Brownell's site said the transfer fee would be $40. $40 is the biggest transfer fee I've ever chose, but it was convenient. And a big mistake.
At Academy, did all the 4473 approval, got to the checkout and the fee was $60. Sixty dollars! Sixty Dollars!!!! So today I learned to never do an FFL transfer through Academy Sports!

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will do, but pretty much anything I do that involves springs is a PIA! Like when I was trying to clean the firing pin safety plunger, the spring retainer under the rear sight was supposed to have a nipple on it to capture the spring. Mine, nope! Smoother than baby's butt. Trying to keep spring under slippery retainer plate while tapping rear sight back home was a lesson in zen gunsmithing so as to not throw the whole assembly across the room! Lol. Mcarbo has a video of the R&R process and is pretty informative if you speed up video.
The video is good. Thank you for the recommendation.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested in how the MCARBO spring kit does. Also, let us know how easy (or Not) it is to swap out the springs.
Enjoy!
Meh! Spring kit arrived early and got everything back together. There might be a slight improvement, but not a night and day difference. Most noticeable spring differences were the striker spring and striker plunger block spring. I'll need to wait for range day to see if striker spring will consistently ignite primers. Think I'd rather have a trigger with less take-up than slightly lighter feel. YMMV

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got a scope to go on my 1990s Stainless 10/22.

It's nothing fancy. But does the job.
It's been hard to find economic silver scopes....

View attachment 309356
I believe those stainless grey laminate 10/22's were special order for Walmart back in the 90's. I've seen them bring big bucks on Gunbroker over the last few years. Weaver used to make a stainless steel scope that was actually stainless steel. If I see one online (ebay/gunbroker) I'll PM you the link. They are great scopes and the finish matches the rifle.

https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/1inchscopes/weaver-k4-s-1-c1982-84-microtrac-duplex

mmerrill

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of 10mm’s
9BD3988B-BB1F-434B-A2FB-142346C4B5BE.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom