Anybody hunt anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoJoe1977

Marksman
Reaction score
Anybody still walk em up anymore or do does everyone sit under a feeder?

Reason I ask, I was sittin in my tree this morning and decided to get down n walk, my damn boots are too loud, guns too heavy, scopes all wrong, dressed for sitting.

I miss the old days I guess. Well cept the cold feet, long walks thru briars and dragging a deer a mile.

Happy thanksgiving

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to still hunt in the 80’s some.
Did ok.
Now it’s time to sit in the insulated blind with a heater, coffee and a hot lunch.
Paid my dues over the years sitting on limbs or 2X6’s wedged into the crotch of a tree over a trail with no feeder.
Now, on our land, it’s just tree rows between agriculture fields. No place to stalk.
One has to hunt the way the terrain determines the best way to hunt.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This kind of thread and the responses are interesting to me.
I would say how you hunt depends on what your end goal is. If a person is just looking to kill a deer or any deer, spot or sitting on a trail can work, but if your end goal is a specific buck, you’ll more than likely need a feeder or at least a food plot to help draw them in.

For me, if I just cared about killing “a” deer, I dang sure wouldn’t need to own a place 500 miles away when I have deer practically in my yard at home.
Do I like feeders? No, but in the limited time I have to hunt, they increase my odds of seeing the kind of buck I’m looking for. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom