Anybody need lead for casting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you guys handle range lead with TMJ bullets? Do you have to separate and cut open to get to the lead? Wondering if they would explode in the pot if not cracked open before trying to melt? I’ve only dealt with wheel weights, plumbing lead, etc.
I just take a big hammer and hit them a couple of times and they will crack someplace if not a pair of side cutters.

need1more

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Strangely enough I decided this week to start doing some casting for my BPRC. So I am in for 200 pounds. If there are several from the OKC area I can take my trailer and pickup several lots depending on time frame.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m at the shop right now and have spoken with the owner. He is going to contact the scrap yard tomorrow and get the current scrap price. Once he has the price set, anybody who wants any of the lead can go directly to his shop and pick it up from him.

I’m only the conduit of info, and will not be taking any money from the sale of lead.

I’ll make a list tonight if all who’ve requested some lead. Once the price is set, I’ll reach out to you to confirm your orders. While speaking with him this evening, I told him that I gave $.40 a pound to everyone as an example of a price. That is subject to change, but he said he expects it to be really close to that price. I’ll give the gun shop your name and he’ll hold your lead for you once orders are confirmed.

With as many people that have wanted to get some, it’s nearly all spoken for!

They’ve got some of it gathered now, but are planning on cleaning out the end of the indoor range soon and will have all of it available for everyone who’s requested some.

I’ll be reaching out to you all soon with confirmations, and once they let me know when it’s all ready, you can go pick it up!

FYI, the gun store is American Armory and Tactical in Norman, OK. The owner is James.

Sorry if this feels sloppily put together. He told me about the lead yesterday, and I figured I’d post it online. I never expected this type of response, and honestly hadn’t thought through the entire process yet. We’re sort of making it up as we go!

FYI, between PMs and the thread, there is nearly 1600 pounds spoken for. Once we have a final weight, I’ll let everyone know if there’s any left.

Thanks all. I’ll be in touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iv been quietly cruising tire shops for 30 years!

I cruise the tire shops also. I’ve got one that will sell me a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights for $25. I’m not saying who [emoji3]. But, the bucket is mixed with non-lead weights as well which are becoming more common.

Latest posts

Top Bottom