1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Anybody need lead for casting?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by thor447, Nov 18, 2020.

1. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Ok, I think I have everyone written down. Here's what I have so far. Let me know if I missed you and I'll get your info added to the list.

Dumpstick - 200
    skyhawk1 - 150
    swapratt - 300
    need1more - 200
    GUN DOG - 200 to 300
    Norman - 200 to 300
    Eking - 100
    Kendall - ~500+

I was at the shop at closing tonight discussing this with James (the owner). He'll be getting the price per pound finalized tomorrow and will let me know. Once that's set, we just have to finish cleaning up the rest of the lead on the range. It's a bit of a process, because we take apart the back stop of the range and do maintenance at that time, so it'll be a few days before they can get that done. Once the lead is all collected, and I've been able to confirm your orders with each of you, I'll give your info to James and he will have your orders ready for you to pick up.

If anyone needs assistance, I am able to help. If any of your are further away, or have special circumstances like @skyhawk1 described, I'm more than willing to arrange for payment through me to the gun shop, and I'll hold on to your lead until we can meet up, or get it delivered to you.

Thanks.

P.S. I think I'm going to have to start casting bullets after this! It feels weird coordinating this whole thing without actually buying any lead for myself!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    dennishoddy likes this.
  2. Kendall

Kendall Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I would be interested in a fair bit (500+ lbs) depending on the price. Thanks for posting this up.

3. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thanks @Kendall. I don't think we'll have an additional 500 pounds if everyone who is already on the list ends up purchasing theirs. There will be more in the future, but it'll be probably a few months before the next range cleanup. Once we get a final weight, and sales are confirmed with those already on the list, we'll know how much is still available. I'll put you on the list, and will let you know what's available once we get to that point. Thanks.

I thought flea bay was a joke about eBay. Imagine my surprise to find out that was a real website!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  4. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I thought it was also now I must go look.

If you are wanting to get into casting I can hold a casting session here to show people how I have done it for decades.
    I have quite a few different bullet molds and just bought another one.
    It really is not all that hard and I can show you how to powder coat also. All really simple to the point where you will wish you got all that lead for yourself

5. TeamTomlyn

TeamTomlyn Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Oh lord I can only imagine what you would find at flea bay lmao. It was just a jab at ebay I had no idea it was an actual web site:pms2:

6. rickm

rickm Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Casting is alot easier than loading ammo and a whole cheaper to get started

TeamTomlyn likes this.
  7. Kendall

Kendall Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I appreciate it. Yeah, just let me know if you have any that isn't spoken for. Been looking for a good local source so I would be interested in the future as well. Thank again.

8. Dumpstick

Dumpstick Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If anyone needs some tin to mix in with their range lead, I have a few cleaned radiator solder ingots I may be convinced to trade or sell.

And some 5% tin also.(20-1, actually 19-1).

9. GUN DOG

GUN DOG Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I could use some tin if you want to part with some

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10. akgriffin

akgriffin Sharpshooter

i never read where this is located at to come pick up...im thinking of 100 lbs.