Anybody seen this proposed bill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is crazy!!! Don't know what this dude has been smoking:

House Bill 2978 by Rep. Schwartz. Requiring whitetail deer to have at least six points on one side of the rack to be legal game. Setting the limit of antlered whitetail deer during open deer gun season at two. Specifying that antler-point restrictions do not apply to hunters under 16 years of age. Bill has an effective date of Nov. 1, 2014. Assigned to the House Agriculture and Wildlife Committee.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. How are they going to define a point? I see many people who have different interpretations of what is a point. I use the Boone and Crocket guidelines.
Quoted from Boone and Crockett. "To be counted a point, the projection must be at least one inch long, with the length exceeding width at one inch or more of length."

"Can you hang a ring on it" BS!
"I can feel it" BS!
"I count that" More Bullchit!

edit: To clarify, I don't agree with the bill. I would rather something else be done.

Last edited:

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess would be that this is a typo. He is probably trying to mimic other states that have a 6 point/or 3 point per side restriction. It probably got typed up by an intern, and didn't get proof read.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent Mr. Schwartz a letter. I agree, this has been crafted without the understanding of genetics.

Don't shoot!
m9.i.pbase.com_o3_28_861828_1_104472299.aB3Z2QNG.deer20.jpg

[Broken External Image]

farm9.staticflickr.com_8341_8189380940_aa9e3a5efc_b.jpg

[Broken External Image]

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess would be that this is a typo. He is probably trying to mimic other states that have a 6 point/or 3 point per side restriction. It probably got typed up by an intern, and didn't get proof read.

LOL. maybe......can you imagine not being able to shoot a perfect 180-190 inch typical 5x5 because it didn't have a 6th sticker somewhere on it. LOL

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have already received a response. This is exactly what happened. Now, we'll have to see if it get's changed or if it gets killed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom