Anyone Bird Hunting Tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With the close of holiday Antlerless (and one filled tag), we're starting to gear up for quail. Hope to get out this week or this weekend as we're seeing numbers good enough to finally hunt. We're actually busting coveys on the way to stands pretty regularly now so we're really looking forward to having some quail in the freezer.

Once we have a few in the freezer, we will turn our attention to coyotes. They're thick as thieves out here right now.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
23!!?? That's freakin crazy. You got into birds at each stop? Would you say any one of the public spots was better than others? Supposed to be heading out west again Thursday.

Congrats on all the birds. I'm sure seeing that many birds had to be an absolute blast. Like the good ol days I keep hearing about. Heck, that's about 3 years worth of good dog experience right there.
All I can say is get as far away from the truck as possible, we only hunted beaver for a few hours, but found 6 covey. We'd never been to Packsaddle, but was pretty good, very rough hunting. Cooper has quite a few birds, but you better boot up the dogs, sand burrs are all over the ground. Good luck and post pictures!

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will do my part in helping the quail population by not buying another dog... Not that my dogs were hot stuff but as soon as I train another one there will be one covey in all of western Oklahoma on land leased by Texans.

Great pictures, I can't wait to read and see some more success stories.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will do my part in helping the quail population by not buying another dog... Not that my dogs were hot stuff but as soon as I train another one there will be one covey in all of western Oklahoma on land leased by Texans.

Great pictures, I can't wait to read and see some more success stories.
I probably shouldn't have posted the picture? Damn texans will be everywhere!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went opening day and got a limit with my brothers and father. We hunted over around Pond Creek on my brother's farm. Have been on several hunts since then and seen more quail this year than I have seen in many years. Shot several quail and have seen lots of pheasant every time out but have not gotten them to hold too well. We had a german shorthair with us opening day also but for some reason didn't get him in the pic with the family. The other pic is of New Years Day. Took a friend that used to live in Iowa and had not gotten to go in years. We had a tough hunt all morning, ate some lunch and then started working a 160 acre crp field. Had no dogs but on our last pass we got into a group of probably 10 roosters that held tight and got up a couple at a time and were able to end the day well. I have not posted much this year but as you can tell by by blur of posts tonight...I have been getting out quite a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom