Anyone else not bought any gun-related stuff since all this craziness started?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So pretty much right around the 2012 elections, I made my last order of mags/ammo and a handgun. Since then, I haven't bought any gun-related stuff at all other than stuff for friends and family.

Anyone else have the good fortune to be prepared before all of this mess and not have to buy?

Looks like prices are starting to fall, so I'm getting ready to break out the saved up cash pretty soon.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sold one at a fair price but haven't bought anything.. Crazy what they are asking even for lowley 22's. Kinda looking for a Ruger LCP but can afford to wait till the madness settles down a bit.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm prepared enough. Would have liked to have had more. Worst part is it cutting into being able to shoot as much. I don't like shooting when I can't afford to replace ammo.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought reloading components as well. I also picked up 1000 rounds of Wolf .223 at a pre-crisis price. I wouldn't normally buy steel case, but it was such a good deal in this market that I had to grab it. So I guess I am not immune from crisis-influenced buying. I did flip half of it for enough to just about pay for it all though, so it was pretty much free ammo. I will take that kind of deal every time, crisis or no. I bought a scope mount for my AR, but the price on that stuff is unchanged. I was definitely a lot more prepared than I was for the '08 crisis, when I ended up paying crisis prices for a .308 AR and ammo, and had to scrounge for .22 and handgun ammo. I will try to get in a position to be even better prepared for e next one, though.

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only bought a box of 22 because I happened to be in wal mart when they put it on the counter. Gonna pick up a rem 887 soon but I'm not gonna pay inflated prices for anything

Latest posts

Top Bottom