Anyone else watching the Senate debate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He's making sense about everything except he's making a pitch for UBC's. He hasn't once mentioned that criminals don't buy their firearms legally.

ETA: the chamber looks pretty damn deserted from what I can see.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like his compromise is a "Universal Do Not Sell/Buy list," that can be accessed from any internet source. From his description, if you wanted to buy a gun, you would give the seller your pin # or certificate proving that you can legally purchase a firearm. Prove your innocence citizen.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Yep. Best commentary was when Cruz brought up the fact that in D.C. a background check costs $150 and the Manchin/Toomey bill would do nothing to prevent the feds from establishing similarly high costs all across the country.

Coburn just finished speaking. He went on record as a co-sponsor of the Grassley amendment.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These politicians are just a special kind of stupid... Referencing Chicago as having a huge gun problem, a woman losing all four kids, and that being reason for similar laws nationwide.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just called tom coburn's local office. The woman who answered the phone and said that he would be voting no today.

I really hope this thing fails to pass the Senate. If it does fail, then it will have been a very smart move to bring it up for a vote in the first place. We don't have much chance of taking control the Senate in 2014. But if this comes to vote in the house, and loses, you can bet Obama and the Democrats will use every Republican no vote as an opportunity to convert that seat to a democratic one in 2014.

This debate needs to live and die in the Senate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom