Anyone ever seen or own a HK G3-SD clone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSant12345

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about to attempt a new gun project before moving back to Louisiana on the 30th. I want to convert a normal PTR91 PDW into a G3-SD clone. Mainly because i rarely seen anyone do it and I love the PTR PDW pistol. Would love it more with a stock.

I plan on placing a fake suppressor on it and making it a rifle to do this because after talking to Jeff Walters and reading the history it's not a very efficient gun to suppress. I'm still looking for the pistol at this point though.

Anyway I'm new here on the forums and just wanted to post about the project. I already placed the order for the SD parts and they on the way to Jeff. Maybe someone has pictures of their own they done.

i1339.photobucket.com_albums_o705_Dan_San_pdw_zpsvzhikrj5.png

Here's how my last project of a FAL "PSG1 Clone" went.
i1339.photobucket.com_albums_o705_Dan_San_web_20done_20fal_zpskvf27c9x.jpg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The before looks like a pistol. The after looks like an SBR. A .308 with a barrel that short is going to throw out a serious fireball with lots of noise. Be sure to take some night fire pictures.

DSant12345

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pick it up Monday. It's almost complete. I started off with an idea a week ago and it's now reality. Fastest gun project I ever was able to do. This is the picture I got from the gun smith before everything was welded together. The forearm is the original forearm shroud and you have to weld it to the receiver's frame then place the rubber cover over it. The fake suppressor still missing the cover so it looks odd in the pic. This thing is seriously going to be built well. I'll post an update Monday when I get it.

i1339.photobucket.com_albums_o705_Dan_San_eweb_2011268337_102007eef09d564c58821e268c8576d08b52.jpg

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice... I've never heard of the G3SD. When I was a kid I kind of had a thing for the G3KA4 though. The thought had crossed my mind to make one. I now realize that the only thing less comfortable than a regular fixed HK stock is one of those collapsibles... but you can't deny it makes for one sexy weapon!

world.guns.ru_userfiles_images_assault_as12_hk_g3ka4.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom