Anyone have a 12ga chamber gauge in OKC metro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I Google, the more I'm convinced that my 12ga chamber is 2 9/16 instead of 2 3/4. Would love an expert to check that.
I've been referred to several people.
I was told the old dude at Banner officially retired.
R&S in Moore still doesn't answer the phone.
Snattlerake suggested Village Tactical,
who said JK at Henry's, whose not accepting calls right now, and Steve Baldwin at Mechanical Accuracy, who referred me to Dean at Skeets Gun Shop in Talequah, who told me it would be simple to lathe a gauge, .800 diameter with a slight curve on one end, to mark and measure. I don't have a lathe.
Google said to make a wax mold or use a dowel rod.
Obviously if you are in the shotgun business, the results of this gauge test would decide how much further work would potentially be purchased.
Thanks y'all!

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy we had quite the discussion didn't we?

This guy is boring as hell but he might be helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try this one first.
Ya got a shot 12 gauge shell and a shot 20 gauge shell?

Take a 20 gauge hull and cut off about 3/4" from the open end of the shell and slide it into a 12 ga hull. Leave the 20 ga hull out a bit and chamber it and then take it out. It will be the chamber length and in a 2 3/4" hull it will be a bit longer than that. The rim on the 20 will go a very short distance into the forcing cone. If you want it to be more exact, wrap some tape around the rim and keep testing it until it is just the diameter of the barrel and redo the test.

It can't hurt and it's cheap insurance.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Model 10 made around 1923 or so? Man I just sold one! It was a 2 3/4" gun. 2 3/4" refers to the open length of the shell, not the length of a loaded one. All 12 gauge shotguns after a out 1910 were 2 3/4" guns......matter of fact it was sold to.......you!

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying I don't believe you, at all, I'd just be willing to pay for the reassurance. I've got a Ziploc baggie of stuff here that LOOKS like 9mm, but if it's not headstamped as such, I won't shoot it.
Better safe than sorry haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom