Anyone have a Bushnell TRS-25 Red dot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had two I used and a couple I sold new, the two I used were on 556 SBRs and the dot wasn't a dot after a hundred rounds or so. They turned to a line, on the same note we have 3 PA micros on the same guns with no issues.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was shooting last week with a buddy. He has the TRS and I have an Aimpoint H1

TRS seems to be almost an exact replica in size and shape, and it worked well also.

No reason not to like the TRS....especially at its price point.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had one for a few years. It works OK... good battery life (its still on the original battery), it is nice and compact, and sits very low, allowing for co-witness with a lot of setups. It has a very blue tint to it when you look through the lenses, which is not great for low light use. It has very noticeable parallax -- the dot will move around a lot on the target if you move your head around behind the optic. Also the emitter is at about 5:00 inside the tube, which gets in the way of co-witness on some setups, like my scout rifle and my PLR-16, which it is currently on.

I have had a PA micro dot as well. It seems to be identical in every way except which angle the rheostat knob is at. It is most likely made in the same factory in China. I bought it because its product description indicated that its emitter was off to the side more and might co-witness better. It was identical, so it got returned.

The TRS is decent for the money. However, if I was in the market for a budget red dot again, I would probably be browsing forums for older model used Aimpoints in the $250 range instead of getting another one of these.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 T-1's but wanted to go with a cheaper red dot for my m&p 15-22. I tried the vortex sparc, trs-25, and the primary arms. I kept the trs-25 and sold the rest. It's hard to beat, especially for the price.

A new one that I would like to try is the holosun. They are supposed to be coming out with one that is the same size as a T-1 but with the option of an eo tech reticle or Aimpoint dot. And they have the same battery life as an Aimpoint. All for less then $200.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Sparc II is more usable IMO - less blue than the TRS, but not perfect either. Does cost a bit more but CS and warranty are worth a bit extra when yu can count on them. Glass is more protected on the Sparc as well, and the caps/covers........

The TRS is blue, was 'ok' as others stated, but th lenses are nearly at the ends, so if you plan to toss it around, i'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Other options are out there, as noted above. comes down to your exptectations and how long you expect it to be in your inventory.

if considering Vortex, just PM me.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed on primary arms they have a red dot that comes with a green laser and quick detach mount for a little over $200. They had a video where they left it out in the snow all night long as well as some others and they all worked the next day. Looks like a really nice sight. Might look into that. All I know is PA can't be beat in customer service. I have never seen a company as good. And the sight I just mentioned has a lifetime warranty. Don't see how you could go wrong.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might also check out the TRS-32. Might be more fitting on an AR. The TRS-25 on a .22 is slick. Kinda a shame you did not look into this when there were two sites selling them CHEAP.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a TRS-25 on my old bolt action savage 22lr converted to a .50 caliber tranquilizer rifle. Used it when I worked as an animal control officer. While shooting a dog with a 4 inch aluminum dart is much different than paper with a .22 round, I can say that the sight held its zero well, even with the absolute beating it had to go through riding 150ish miles a day with me in the passenger seat of a truck, and was not only durable but the battery life was good and it was easy to use in any situation.

Pretty odd instance of it being used, but it did happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom