Anyone here go the Battle Purse route for carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Seriously considering it after watching a Short from my favorite YouTuber. Would like to hear yalls thoughts and/or battle purse recommendations.

Edit: changed title to FUPA instead of Battle Purse.

Edit #2: Changed title back to Battle Purse because f**k it.

For crying out loud guys it’s a chest rig fanny pack.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering it, for lots of reasons.

When in Hawaii I would go on long walks/swims in the ocean in the morning for exercise while the wife was asleep. My shorts often didn't have pockets, or I just didn't want to have everything loose while swimming. I've NEVER been one to want a fanny pack, but I figured it would be handy for the trip so I bought a cheap one. With a small fanny pack I could carry my phone, wallet, keys, knife, and maybe have room for a nick nack or something I found while out, so I could have both hands free for carrying breakfast back to the hotel. I loved it, made life so much easier. I keep considering it now that we're back home, as not only are fanny packs/sling bags in style (so that it doesn’t stick out if I wear one), but they're super convenient. I could carry a sidearm, a mag or two, my normal everyday crap, and have room for any other random crap I wanna carry with me (I've been wanting to build a pwnagotchi but I dont wanna carry it places). I've been struggling with carrying on a regular basis due to many things, I think this could get me back into the idea.

With all that being said, I am not getting something with molle on it, or any sort of tacticool colors. Anything that screams "HEY, NOT ONLY IS MY WALLET AND KEYS IN HERE, BUT THERE'S PROBABLY A GUN TOO". Looking around at brands, Chrome Industries look like they make some pretty nice stuff, and have no affiliation with tactical/firearms anything. Hell, they even have a "gay is ok" line if you wanna really go low profile. But they look like quality bags, they have fun nontactical colors that make me just look like some dude walking around, and they look like they use seatbelt nylon and seatbelt buckles for the straps.

https://chromeindustries.com/products/ziptop-waistpack-sling

Last edited:

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s a great tool to utilize carrying your essentials in and out of the truck or on a hike (by itself on a shorter jaunts or in conjunction with a pack for longer stuff) but I can’t imagine using it for a daily in and around town setup. Any guy walking around in public urban areas I see with a sling bag of any kind I know it’s either got a dildo or a gun in it, and likely both.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the fiasco of that last thread, my red sling bag hasn't been used but a few times. The new one has a dinosaur on it and the wee one wears it. Also has a convenient leash 🤣
Still full of wet wipes tho. All my pocket carry stuff had to go back to my pockets, except on our vacation where I went back to carrying my own backpack occasionally. I went out of my way to buy that patch just to eff with people
Screenshot_20230725-183634.png

Screenshot_20230725-183919.png

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the utility of a man purse. I even went so far as to buy a carhartt fanny pack at atwoods, but so far haven't been able to wear it anywhere I might see someone I know. On a trail maybe. I normally wouldn't care if someone wants to snicker at me, but this just still feels weird to me. I'll have to be a late adopter on this one it seems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom