Anyone own a 30-40 Krag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this sporterized 1899 Springfield at an estate sale in OKC around 1987. I think it is a Fajen stock. I put a fiber optic rear peep sight on it this morning and am going to the range with it next time I go. I have some old Kleanbore boxes of 180gr softpoints for it, may do some deer hunting with it this fall.
Smooth as silk action, east to load and unload with cold hands or big gloves on. I bought 4 other guns that day, I realized that I have never fired it, it haş been in dad's vault since then. Maybe one of my brothers has fired it but I dont think so. Dad said he shot like 3 shots but didnt have a screwdriver small enough to adjust elevation from shooting way high so he cleaned it and put it in the back row of the safe.
16946260307366010741187166010440.jpg

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an 1898, it was a family heirloom (been in the family since pre '35) that wasn't safe to shoot as early as the 60s. It's just a family wallhanger now. I'd like to shoot one like it at least once, just to say I did. There was someone on here that had a good deal of information on them. Might have been @coolhandluke ?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an 1898, it was a family heirloom (been in the family since pre '35) that wasn't safe to shoot as early as the 60s. It's just a family wallhanger now. I'd like to shoot one like it at least once, just to say I did. There was someone on here that had a good deal of information on them. Might have been @coolhandluke ?

What made not shootable? Curious. I hunted with one years ago. Still have a couple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom