Anyone own a PRS Tremonti SE Custom guitar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a two month old Marshall MG30CFX with the original box, manual, etc locally and I plan to pick it up this evening. The seller also has a Fender Mustang II and offered both units to me for what I was looking to pay for a new MG30CFX alone. Probably just going to pick up the Marshall though. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is as advertised and I don’t get burned buying used...

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres another to add to tube amp maintenance- the weather.
Found a two month old Marshall MG30CFX with the original box, manual, etc locally and I plan to pick it up this evening. The seller also has a Fender Mustang II and offered both units to me for what I was looking to pay for a new MG30CFX alone. Probably just going to pick up the Marshall though. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is as advertised and I don’t get burned buying used...
Between the 2 amps, Im a bigger fan of the Marshall.

Weirdly I hardly ever buy used guitars but hardly ever buy new amps. I can work with a messed up amp but I want my guitars to be perfect when I buy em, buying vintage guitars solves that as well as buying new. Used amps are easily repaired. Just make sure everything works on it, buttons all intact, speaker isnt scatchy sounding, doesnt look like its been tossed off a truck going 90, etc, stuff like that. No manual you can download one online, no footswitch I get em on EBay all day long no prob with that. Later when youre ready for another amp you can grab an A/B/Y box (I use Radial's Bigshot ABY boxes because they are able to eliminate ground loop,out of phase problems. And theyre true bypass pedals- ask me about true bypass when you get ready to buy pedals) to be able to run 2 amps at the same time in a quasi stereo setup.

Last edited:

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just got back from visiting some friends and noodled a bit on a PRS S2. It had a single cutaway for a LPish Jr. feel with a very cool matte/satin finish on mahogany. Was thinking about P90s in it and then found it had a tap switch. Very cool .... I think I am in love.

I don't think my friend paid more than $1000 for it which for the money is a great guitar. I need to think if another guitar is worth a divorce. This is tempting.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This talk of PRS guitars ... had to get one.

Played a S2 last month ... got a S2 Single Cut Standard today. Could not find one locally so I took a risk and ordered through Musician's Friend. Ordered Friday evening and it arrived today (Tuesday). Typical PRS ... very handsome guitar.

Good news is that the wife was not even pissed. She did tell me that the next guitar has to be a National like the one I had before we were married. "OK dear".

Working out of my home office today and in the middle of a project. Just unpacked, inspected, tuned ... no time to plug in until later tonight when we go for a ride.

Attachments

• PRS Strat.jpg
    PRS Strat.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Top Bottom