Anyone remember Gibson's Discount Center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They has trash cans in the sporting goods isles, full of long guns for next to nothing.

View attachment 376909
I remember them well. We had two back in Lawton and I remember them in a few other towns I believe Duncan was one of them. It was like the original Walmart. Matter of fact, I still have a box of .45 from them.

Attachments

• 7466497C-FDDB-4623-96B2-85B016DE3EF2.jpeg
    7466497C-FDDB-4623-96B2-85B016DE3EF2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

226 Man

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought my first S&W at the Gibsons store in Alva. They had a K-22 that I bought and two .357s. One was a Ruger Blackhawk and the other was a Colt SAA. Both same price. My comment at the time was why would someone buy that Colt with standard sights when they could get one with adjustable sights for same price. Little did I know.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I visited the one at 41st & MacArthur often. My church is across the street from it's former location which is also now a church.
I remember that location every deer season because that was the source for my Marlin lever-action 30-30 I use for OK whitetail. Purchased in about 1985, IIRC.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in Plainview Texas and we had a Gibsons there, the parking lot was huge and that’s where we all hung out until late at night when we were kids. Had good deals on guns and stuff too back then !

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to walk from step dads house to Gibsons along Route 66 picking up pop bottles and if I was lucky a hub cap, I’d sell those and go to Gibsons and by boxes or bricks of Federal .22LR. I had to find at least one hubcap to buy a brick.

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gibson in Ada ! Next to the National Guard Armory that blew up.
When I was a kid we raised about 40 hogs out by Byng. We would go to Gibson's in Ada about once a week and pick up their old produce. They put it in 55 gallon barrels. We would pick out anything worth human consumption and give the rest to the hogs. Occasionally we would hit the jack pot and find some frozen creme pies that were past their sale date.

Latest posts

Top Bottom