Anyone use a load development service?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you ever used a load development service? Where you ship your rifle to them. They work up the best load for your rifle, load you some ammo and ship it all back? I don't reload and don't have alot of time but wanting toget something worked up for my 6.5prc and not really interested in Hornadys offering for a hunting bullet. I'm taking the Gun to Africa in 2023 so I have some time but I'm wanting something that's going to preform.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
No idea about any of those services, I've done the same for friends over the years. Working on a .300WM that's headed to WY for elk this fall right now.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i was going to pay someone to work up loads it would be swampratt. That dude is more precise and thorough than anyone I know of.

For the record, I don't think he does that though...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Aries.
I do it for all my friends that I hunt with..Can't have then shooting at critters and wounding or missing the shot.

One issue I have seen is some people do not hold the gun the same as some other person.
That will pull the shot or if shoulder pressure is way different then a good grouping round can turn to crap.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never used 'em, but Copper Creek is well known for working up loads. I've also heard really good things about Cloverleaf Precision in Yukon (the guys that used to run Canadian Ranges) if you want to stay local.

Aries is right though, maybe you and swampratt can work something out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom