anyone use xs big dot sights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a set on my G19 and love them, great for fast shooting. Haven't tried precision shooting yet but a guy on you tube doing 100 yard shots.

Mike

ps about to put a set on my Kimber

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put some on a Glock 23 last month. I like them. I got the small dot version, which is as good as any other for precision. The next pair I get will be the big dot version though. If I need precision I'll use a scoped rifle. What I need in a pistol is close up and fast aiming. The big dot will do that better than the small.

Another plus is that everything you need to install them comes with the sights. You don't have to hire a gunsmith or buy a $100 sight press to install them.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own any XS sights, but had a chance to shoot another's gun with the big dot.

Personally, I prefer a bright fiber optic in any decent light for speed and ease of acquisition, and still being able to shoot a 25 yd "standard.".
After watching them used "at their best range" according to the owner, had to wonder if he would do better learning to point shoot at close ranges, rather than carefully aiming with sights at 3 to 7 yards.
Whatever floats your boat....

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you have the M&P 340 then rear ramps are specifically made for XS big dot. found this out when I was upgrading my 340PD. talked to XS, who really pushed the big dot vs S&W who chose std dot with matching rear sight.

since I didn't want to change my sight window... went with Hi-Viz front sight custom cut down to maintain exact sight picture as stock sight. my groups immediately went down, even when shooting .357 mag.

Hi-Viz fiber optic sights in normal light are night and day better than XS-big dot. but are next to useless in low light. but Crimson Trace Laser is right at home in low to no light.

which gets into the debate of .... if tritium tube is functional, then odds are you cannot see your target with 100% certainty. you should not be taking that shot.

My S&W M360 has the xs front big dot sight. Love it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom