• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Anyone want to trade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
We shot 600 and 1000 at my old shooting club in Mississippi. I stayed true with a 308 but wouldn’t hesitate to get out there with a 243 .I am sure there are several options of more capable calibers but you have to admit there is way more reloading data available for 308 than any of these new calibers.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why dont you just rebarrel your rifle you have? I did my Savage a couple years ago myself, I ordered a barrel from McGowen and got some HS gauges and did it out in the garage.

Re barreling a Savage is super easy its probably the easiest rifle to rebarrel , I used to shoot the 110 / 10 for that reason . I know the RPR has a barrel nut system , but is it as easy to swap barrels and headspace ?

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to shoot a Ruger Precision in 6.5 and it is a flat shooter, but it needs a long barrel compared to 308. There was a great deal a few months ago on a Ruger American Predator with a scope in 6.5cm, maybe the guy still has it?
I thought about it at the time, but having fired a lot of 4cm stuff in the Navy back in the day, the likely recoil of a 6.5cm round scared me a little.

Grin... just poking a bit of fun at the typo