Apex Grade M&P barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 5" Pro model in .40. The difference in accuracy between my Kimber .45 and the M&P is very noticeable. I'll check out Bar-sto. Thanks for the heads up!

Some folks were getting 4-5" groups at 15 yards with their 9s. The .40s and .45s aren't near as bad. The .45s actually are pretty good in the accuracy dept, it's mostly the 9s that have issues. S&W has changed the rifling twist but is hasn't fixed the problem. The problem is tolerance stack in the barrel fitment to the slide. Randy Lee at APEX has made a science out of it, but the cliff note version is that some guns are just too sloppy.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks were getting 4-5" groups at 15 yards with their 9s. The .40s and .45s aren't near as bad. The .45s actually are pretty good in the accuracy dept, it's mostly the 9s that have issues. S&W has changed the rifling twist but is hasn't fixed the problem. The problem is tolerance stack in the barrel fitment to the slide. Randy Lee at APEX has made a science out of it, but the cliff note version is that some guns are just too sloppy.
I don't know how I've been so lucky with all the 9s I've owned...they've all been surprisingly accurate. I wonder how many (i.e., percentage) leave the factory that would be considered inaccurate?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm lucky to get 4". Some of those small steel plates are pretty hard to hit. My .45 is half that.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the video, shadowrider.

Quite impressive results with the new barrel and the gun mounted in the ransom rest.

I've never used a ransom rest. All I know is I've been able to hit what I'm aiming at, but I always crank up the dwell time knob on my M&P's. [emoji41]