Appleseed in Norman, Oct. 20-21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Project Appleseed is returning to the Tri-City Gun Club in Norman on October 20-21. Don't miss this great training opportunity at a very convenient location for anyone in the Oklahoma City area. Appleseed is a marksmanship and heritage program that is dedicated to turning this country back into a nation of Riflemen. Our curriculum teaches all the skills necessary for shooters to control the "Rifleman's Quarter Mile" -- the goal is that shooters should be able to pick up any rack-grade rifle with iron sights and hit man-sized targets out to 500 yards from field positions, with controlled rapid fire.

Our benchmark is the 25m Army Qualification Test. Anyone who can score Expert on the AQT is awarded Appleseed's coveted Rifleman's patch (see my avatar). That thing is just plain cool, and carries bragging rights -- you know you want one! But be forewarned, it is not easy to earn... we use an older version of the AQT from the days of the M1 and M-14 that is a bit harder than the modern one. Come see how you stack up... Unqualified, Marksman, Sharpshooter, or Expert. This event is designed so that shooters of all skill levels will get something out of it.

One of the great things about Appleseed is that we are an all-volunteer organization, and are therefore able to keep our fees very affordable. Pre-register online and you can shoot both days for $70, or $40 if you can only make it for one day. Walk-ons are accepted as well, but there is an extra $5/day charge. Appleseed offers free or greatly reduced admission for certain groups... see the registration page for details.

The Event Info Page, including the link for registration, is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27886.0

P.S., How would you like to be able to buy genuine US military surplus M-1 Garand rifles, and the ammunition to feed them, for 1/2 of the going market rate? Attending an Appleseed marksmanship clinic, plus a $20 membership in our parent organization (the RWVA), qualifies you to do just that. Appleseed is affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. The CMP is a federally-chartered corporation that sells surplus government rifles and accessories to the public in order to promote marksmanship.

Please e-mail or PM me with any questions (my e-mail is in my sig). For more information about Project Appleseed, follow the link in my sig.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GC and I are looking forward to it. This will be a first for me in many ways: First Appleseed, first real test of my new and improved neck muscles (Ya! for PT ;) ), first real competition with GC in a couple of years (we can't shoot together without it becoming a bit ... errrr ... well ... competitive LOL).

I'm really looking forward to it ... You guys bring a cup of coffee ... I'll have homemade muffins ... :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome, good to see some OSA'ers are going to be on the line.

BadgeBunny, we're not going to have to separate you two, are we? ;)

ROFLMAO ... Now that I have Foghorn and OKBowhunter showing up, I think I have enough "insulation" ... :D

If anybody has preferences on muffin flavor they better post up now ... (Yes, now that the weather is cooler I am "nesting" in full gear! And that means good things that are NOT good for you to munch on ... :) )

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We get started at 8:30, so you will want to be there by 8:15 in order to have time to get checked in and pick out your spot on the line.

As for muffins, I am a fan of blueberry... thanks BB!!

If anyone needs a loaner rifle, let me know and I will make sure we have one for you. Just bring $20 for ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom