AR-10 Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busterheiney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bff's wife's boyfriend is getting my bff an AR-10 in .308 for his b-day and asked for my help. I've got limited knowledge on these things, so I'm referring to the experts here at OSA for some guidance. Budget of $2k, but that will include a good scope and maybe other accessories.

What's your experience with this platform?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bff's wife's boyfriend is getting my bff an AR-10 in .308 for his b-day and asked for my help. I've got limited knowledge on these things, so I'm referring to the experts here at OSA for some guidance. Budget of $2k, but that will include a good scope and maybe other accessories.

What's your experience with this platform?
Research it very good. There are 2 platforms and some of the parts don't interchange. AR and LAR I think they're actually called. But everybody refers to both as AR10

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Newest Gen Small frames are getting better and better.
I think Ruger (SFAR) has one, POF, DPMS Gen2, ZevTech
This^^^

I have a DPMS Gen2 that is not much larger or heavier than a standard AR, and superbly accurate. It is one of my go to rifles and my daughters argue over who gets to carry that one for deer season.

busterheiney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So would a Ruger SFAR be a reliable AR-10 that is easy to upgrade? He'll mostly be doing some long range plinking and may take it to the deer woods. I'm pretty partial to Rugers myself.

prh79

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a POF rogue. I bought mine anout 5 years ago. I absolutely love it! It’s plenty accurate and I haven’t had one single malfunction. I use it as my pig hunting gun and typically run 180 grain sized ammo. I have used lighter stuff with zero issues.

Originally I had a leupold 2.5 power fixed optic on it with a DPP offset and that worked really well. For some reason I decided to try an eotech with a magnifier but that’s much heavier than my previous setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom