AR 22lr kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the military version. I thinks it an M262 ? Anyway, works just fine. The magazines fit inside regular AR magazines and they are kind of a ***** to get in and out but otherwise it works just fine.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought mine from Rainier arms. CMMMG with 26 round mag or something. I put roughly 150 to 200 through it the other day and had two jams. both were on times when I was firing as fast as I could. (it didn't jam every time I fired as fast as I could, but only happened while doing that). I can't attest to any round count, but it works pretty great right from the starting gate. Buy it, you won't regret it. If you do the math the thing has paid for itself by the time you shoot 1 box of the 550 bulk ammo.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised not to have people in here saying they've fired 10,000 rds through theirs and the like. One other thing to remember is I've been told you need to shoot a few rounds of full power 5.56 through your upper at the end of each session and every few hundred rounds if you are shooting it a lot in a single sitting. .22 doesn't have the pressure to keep the gas tube cleaned out and you the full loads to blow the gunk out. I'm no expert, but that's what I've heard and don't see how it can hurt.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised not to have people in here saying they've fired 10,000 rds through theirs and the like. One other thing to remember is I've been told you need to shoot a few rounds of full power 5.56 through your upper at the end of each session and every few hundred rounds if you are shooting it a lot in a single sitting. .22 doesn't have the pressure to keep the gas tube cleaned out and you the full loads to blow the gunk out. I'm no expert, but that's what I've heard and don't see how it can hurt.

Clean bore before doing that so as to remove any possible lead build up that could lead to pressure problems. Particularly in non chrome barrels. Also use a chamber brush, 22lr ammo is nasty dirty stuff and will get around the chamber insert and build up there. You drop a 5.56 round in the the gun could get locked up from the crap in the chamber.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I need to clarify my post on this topic in that I'm running my Ciener kit in a dedicated upper. The upper is built with a moddified barrel from a 10/22 I believe and the chamber adaptor has been modified as well. I cannot imagine putting this many rounds through a .223 upper without requiring lots of cleaning and upkeep...

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a few thousand through my bushy & ceiner kit. No problems. I bought my brothers spikes tactical conversion that he couldn't get to run in his gun. Tweaked the rails a bit and it's 97% on federal now. I really do love the option of going from .223 to .22lr in about 10 seconds. With my ACOG, the bottom of the reticle is poi for .22lr. Skunks, oppossums, snakes beware!!

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a few thousand through my bushy & ceiner kit. No problems. I bought my brothers spikes tactical conversion that he couldn't get to run in his gun. Tweaked the rails a bit and it's 97% on federal now. I really do love the option of going from .223 to .22lr in about 10 seconds. With my ACOG, the bottom of the reticle is poi for .22lr. Skunks, oppossums, snakes beware!!

That's what I noticed too. My scope is zeroed real close to 200 yards. Shooting 25 yard shots with .223 shoots a bit low (about 2-3 inches I think, can't remember for sure because it's been a while), but anyway, shoots low because the scope is so much higher than the gun(on riser with tall rings to get over the A2 sight)... The .22 kit shoots about 3 1/2 to 4 inches low. I have the Nikon with BDC and if I aim just between the 1st and 2nd dot, it does real well. I'm ready to shoot tiny animals too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom