1911 .22lr conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have waiting about 23 weeks for my Nelson 1911 .22lr conversion kit (Nelson sold quite a few at Camp Perry this year) So I found this used Marvel Kit (Now made by FGW), got it from Ebay Tuesday, mounted on my Springfield Armory TRP, went and shot it today -- EXCELLENT !!!!!! -- came with GSG magazines

Shot my advantage arms 1911 ..22lr target conversion kit. (mounted on my Kimber Stainless Target 9MM). And my 2 other Kimber conversions (rimfire target and compact rimfire compact)

Used the GSG, Advantage Arms and Kimber .22lr conversion magazines. The all worked well, had to download the GSG, 1 round if loaded with the slide in battery (the magazine would not lock in the well).

Very accurate lots of fun -- 3”and 5” swingers at 25 yards.
Marvel - 2.jpg
AA - 1.jpg

Marvel - 2.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got the practical version of the Marvel conversion unit. I had decent luck with the Colt style magazines for awhile and then the feed lips started to cause me grief. I bought a few of the GSG magazines and they work pretty good after I clipped a few coils off the springs.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought the Marvel kit off of Ebay it came with 5 GSG magazines, the GSG magazine seem to work pretty flawless with the Kimber, Advantage Arms and Marvel Kits I had to download 1 round if I started with the slide in battery. The Ebay auction also include a barrel with fixed adjustable sights, just have to swap the slide part to the barrel assembly, I am still shooting with the Millet red dot sight, Sure is a lot of fun.

Been looking at Taylor Tactical, for extended base pads for the GSG magazines, with the magwell on my Springfield TRP, the standard base pad sits way up there.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think, but could be wrong that the GSG magazines shipped with the Marvel conversions are modified before they are sent out. I purchased new GSG magazines from a different source than FCW/Marvel and had a few issues with them on the first range trip. I can’t recall where I got the idea from, but I believe that I clipped 4 coils off the magazine springs and that made all the difference.

I may one day mess with trying to tune up some of my Colt Ace magazines, but I have more fun shooting the conversion kit than toying with sheet metal feed lips. I should order more GSG 1911-22 magazines!

This document by Bob Marvel was really helpful a few years ago when I was having some issues with my conversion not running consistently. https://www.guntalk-online.com/images/Marvel_Functioning.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom