AR 22lr kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CMMG kits are great, I've got over 8000 through the one that I have now without a hitch, have been using it for about a year. Easy to convert back and forth, and for 155.00 you can beat the cost savings!

Reaction score
I'm running my Ciener kit in a dedicated upper

Cool. I thought I was the only one. Although I'm using a standard AR15 bbl. Hate to think what it looks like inside that gas tube. :)

I suppose if you sat on the unit outside of the rifle, or something, you could bend the chamber adapter, since it's kinda long with thin walls, but other than abuse like that, these should last awhile. I have nowhere near 20K rounds, but it's good to know I might be able to. CMMMG - hmmm, sounds like a company that must be even better than CMMG, mcgavin! :D

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. I thought I was the only one. Although I'm using a standard AR15 bbl. Hate to think what it looks like inside that gas tube. :)

I suppose if you sat on the unit outside of the rifle, or something, you could bend the chamber adapter, since it's kinda long with thin walls, but other than abuse like that, these should last awhile. I have nowhere near 20K rounds, but it's good to know I might be able to. CMMMG - hmmm, sounds like a company that must be even better than CMMG, mcgavin! :D

Nevermind the gas tube, no doubt it's dirty and nasty. But the real problem will be the hole in the barrel that goes to the gas block could be plugged.

Also, I have seen where the chamber adapter can split after a few thousand rounds and get stuck in the chamber.

Although neither one of those have ever happened to me personally, I have seen numerous instances on ar15.com where those have happened. And pics were included so it really really happened!

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its my understanding that the dedicated uppers are the way to go. No gas tube and the correct rifling twist for the 22LR. Looking hard at the Tactical Solutions M4.

Latest posts

Top Bottom