AR open carry at Hafer park in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know we have you to set us all straight. Personally, I think we have enough problems keeping our gun rights without trying to force them down someone’s throat and seeking attention to ourselves with questionable behavior. When you livestream yourself taking the AR for a walk the title of attention whore seems to fit pretty well but that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just as a reminder of how it used to be, we are not in the process of keeping our gun rights. We are in the process of restoring the stature of our gun rights by removing infringements. We're still digging our way out of disarmament that those in government cast us into. There is no better way to remove infringements on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms than to exercise the right and show how innocuous and benign the bearing of arms truly is.

Woody

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just as a reminder of how it used to be, we are not in the process of keeping our gun rights. We are in the process of restoring the stature of our gun rights by removing infringements. We're still digging our way out of disarmament that those in government cast us into. There is no better way to remove infringements on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms than to exercise the right and show how innocuous and benign the bearing of arms truly is.

Woody

Like I said before, what he was doing is already legal. So which infringement was he trying to remove?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Woody

There’s no better way to turn public sentiment further against us than by parading around acting like a wannabe Rambo. It’s not innocuous and benign to strap on guns and wander thru a group of college kids until the police show up. You can bang the constitution drum all day long but one idiot doing something like this is more detrimental to gun owners than he is beneficial.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said before, what he was doing is already legal. So which infringement was he trying to remove?

I don't have a complete list, but I'm willing to bet all the remaining infringements are on it.

Side Note: What he was doing wasn't 'legal'. What he was doing wasn't illegal. By saying it was 'legal' is to say he has received permission from government as an exception to an underlying law making those aspects of the bearing of arms illegal in the first place. All the infringements placed upon our Right to Keep and Bear Arms by government are in violation of the Second Amendment. Right there is the illegality.

Those in government who have not or will not remove those infringements are just as culpable as those who passed those infringements into law.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s no better way to turn public sentiment further against us than by parading around acting like a wannabe Rambo. It’s not innocuous and benign to strap on guns and wander thru a group of college kids until the police show up. You can bang the constitution drum all day long but one idiot doing something like this is more detrimental to gun owners than he is beneficial.

Do you have an example of this that you can cite to establish the validity of your claims that such behavior has turned public sentiment against us (you and me to be included in "us")? The people in our legislatures were placed there by We the People and those elected representatives on the whole believe it is OK for us to bear our arms (The Second Amendment considered notwithstanding for the sake of discussion) by virtue of the laws they have passed removing some of the infringements. Has your opinion of yourself bearing arms(I assume you do bear arms for the sake of discussion) been degraded by what this guy has done? My opinions of neither you nor myself have been degraded by what this guy has done.

Since when has the bearing of arms ever harmed anyone?

Woody

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Woody

The problem is that we are in a PR battle against highly funded people. Most citizens are sheep, they go where they are pointed. When you have them told that the AR is a dangerous weapon, and you have some numbskull parading an AR pistol around with the sole purpose to draw police attention, and show up with guns drawn, that image of the AR as a dangerous weapon is enhanced. Its guys like these that are making the left's work easier.

I agree that people need to be shown that this rifle is not the scary harbinger of death the left paints it. But there is a right way and wrong way and this example is way on the wrong side.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Do you have an example of this that you can cite to establish the validity of your claims that such behavior has turned public sentiment against us (you and me to be included in "us")? The people in our legislatures were placed there by We the People and those elected representatives on the whole believe it is OK for us to bear our arms (The Second Amendment considered notwithstanding for the sake of discussion) by virtue of the laws they have passed removing some of the infringements. Has your opinion of yourself bearing arms(I assume you do bear arms for the sake of discussion) been degraded by what this guy has done? My opinions of neither you nor myself have been degraded by what this guy has done.

Since when has the bearing of arms ever harmed anyone?

Woody

Not even going to bother. Obviously you favor his activity so feel smug in your support. Line up 100 people and ask them if they think what he is doing does any good for gun rights and see what kind of answers you get. Speaking for myself, he is an embarrassment to responsible gun owners. Is it you?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not even going to bother. Obviously you favor his activity so feel smug in your support. Line up 100 people and ask them if they think what he is doing does any good for gun rights and see what kind of answers you get. Speaking for myself, he is an embarrassment to responsible gun owners. Is it you?

Been thinking for a couple days as I read this thread that an OSA Poll may be needed. It wouldn't really include the folks that aren't as into guns as us but the results may still be interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom