AR open carry at Hafer park in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignorance would be carrying a firearm into a polling place. How someone would think that was a good, lawful idea is the epitome of ignorant.
Maybe we should ask the OSBI SDA Licensing Division why they stated they would consider it lawful, or Doug Friesen, one of the leading experts on Oklahoma firearms law. And we could ask the detective on the case of that guy who got arrested why, after investigating for several days, he admitted he was still unconvinced the guy had broken the law, but he couldn’t drop the case because the chair of the election board was angry the guy hadn’t been arrested yet and kept calling the detective. And how about we ask the prosecutor’s office why they took weeks to decide whether they even had a case or not, or why they were so eager for a plea bargain and even wanted to waive a bunch of fees to sweeten the deal.

All the armchair quarterbacks on OSA are so confident they know everything about a situation just from reading about it on the news and taking a quick glance at the statutes. And of course, they know the law so much better than all those ignorant lawyers and law enforcement officers. It’s not important that everyone whose job it is to know whether it’s illegal to carry a gun in a polling place was either convinced it was lawful at the time or was unsure. It’s okay. The OSA experts are on the case, as usual. The DA’s office should have just asked @yukonjack about it. You could have explained it all to them.

And maybe – hopefully – that guy learned something through his experience. Maybe he learned that, even when you know you’re right, sometimes there’s a better way to do things than trying to prove it in a public setting. Maybe he learned that when there’s a conflict, it’s wise to be sensitive to people’s fears and insecurities, especially people in positions of power. Maybe that’s part of why he wouldn’t carry a rifle in everyday situations now. Maybe he learned that it’s incredibly hurtful for people to misjudge you and call you an attention whore when you’re actually a very private person just trying to do what you think is right (perhaps misguidedly), and the public attention and scrutiny is a great cost of your actions, not a benefit. Maybe that’s part of why he can’t stand it when people accuse someone else of being an attention whore without even bothering to sit down with them and have a conversation to understand their perspective.

Or…I don’t know…maybe you can tell he’s the epitome of ignorance by your very limited understanding of something foolish he did several years ago.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy on Campus Corner in Norman was carrying 3 guns or that’s what he tells the police in the video. He’s a macho macho man. I bet all those college girls wanted him to take them back to his mommy’s basement. His 2 inch derringer would probably have pre maturely discharged before he got the rest of his tacticool gear off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now that is funny. :laugh6:

Woody

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And maybe – hopefully – that guy learned something through his experience. Maybe he learned that, even when you know you’re right, sometimes there’s a better way to do things than trying to prove it in a public setting. Maybe he learned that when there’s a conflict, it’s wise to be sensitive to people’s fears and insecurities, especially people in positions of power. Maybe that’s part of why he wouldn’t carry a rifle in everyday situations now. Maybe he learned that it’s incredibly hurtful for people to misjudge you and call you an attention whore when you’re actually a very private person just trying to do what you think is right (perhaps misguidedly), and the public attention and scrutiny is a great cost of your actions, not a benefit. Maybe that’s part of why he can’t stand it when people accuse someone else of being an attention whore without even bothering to sit down with them and have a conversation to understand their perspective.

Or…I don’t know…maybe you can tell he’s the epitome of ignorance by your very limited understanding of something foolish he did several years ago.

Maybe if this guy and the one in BA didn't have youtube channels where they go around and instigate situations like this they wouldn't be called attention whores. Maybe if they tried to educate people in a more constructive way instead of doing something that they know will cause fear and have a LEO response. I could care less if the idea of carrying an AR pistol is thought of as good or bad. My main issue with these idiots is they are going out to evoke a response from police then cry out "This is an audit!". That is the BS that is wrong. Its like they are saying "Look at me! I'm causing you fear! But I'm doing this to make you more comfortable with me having a firearm! But I know you fear this so call the cops so I can berate them!". If that is not the action of an attention whore, I don't know what is. These incidents were not your average Joe going about his day while carrying. They were actions perpetrated with the sole purpose of causing a LEO reaction so they could crow about how they are in the right. Simple put, act like a prat, get treated like a prat.

These "audits" need to be stopped. They waste LEO time and pull their attention away from areas that need their presence. They also cast the rest of us who do advocate for 2A rights in a bad light and vindicate the left who say all gun owners are crazy.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Maybe we should ask the OSBI SDA Licensing Division why they stated they would consider it lawful, or Doug Friesen, one of the leading experts on Oklahoma firearms law. And we could ask the detective on the case of that guy who got arrested why, after investigating for several days, he admitted he was still unconvinced the guy had broken the law, but he couldn’t drop the case because the chair of the election board was angry the guy hadn’t been arrested yet and kept calling the detective. And how about we ask the prosecutor’s office why they took weeks to decide whether they even had a case or not, or why they were so eager for a plea bargain and even wanted to waive a bunch of fees to sweeten the deal.

All the armchair quarterbacks on OSA are so confident they know everything about a situation just from reading about it on the news and taking a quick glance at the statutes. And of course, they know the law so much better than all those ignorant lawyers and law enforcement officers. It’s not important that everyone whose job it is to know whether it’s illegal to carry a gun in a polling place was either convinced it was lawful at the time or was unsure. It’s okay. The OSA experts are on the case, as usual. The DA’s office should have just asked @yukonjack about it. You could have explained it all to them.

Good to know we have you to set us all straight. Personally, I think we have enough problems keeping our gun rights without trying to force them down someone’s throat and seeking attention to ourselves with questionable behavior. When you livestream yourself taking the AR for a walk the title of attention whore seems to fit pretty well but that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe if this guy and the one in BA didn't have youtube channels where they go around and instigate situations like this they wouldn't be called attention whores. Maybe if they tried to educate people in a more constructive way instead of doing something that they know will cause fear and have a LEO response. I could care less if the idea of carrying an AR pistol is thought of as good or bad. My main issue with these idiots is they are going out to evoke a response from police then cry out "This is an audit!". That is the BS that is wrong. Its like they are saying "Look at me! I'm causing you fear! But I'm doing this to make you more comfortable with me having a firearm! But I know you fear this so call the cops so I can berate them!". If that is not the action of an attention whore, I don't know what is. These incidents were not your average Joe going about his day while carrying. They were actions perpetrated with the sole purpose of causing a LEO reaction so they could crow about how they are in the right. Simple put, act like a prat, get treated like a prat.

These "audits" need to be stopped. They waste LEO time and pull their attention away from areas that need their presence. They also cast the rest of us who do advocate for 2A rights in a bad light and vindicate the left who say all gun owners are crazy.
Is it not possible that he does not desire the attention, but is willing to endure it because he believes what he’s doing is important and the best way to accomplish his goals? I agree he is misguided, but I think your distaste for his methods are biasing your judgement of his motives. Is he doing it because he loves getting the attention? I don’t know and neither do you.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it not possible that he does not desire the attention, but is willing to endure it because he believes what he’s doing is important and the best way to accomplish his goals? I agree he is misguided, but I think your distaste for his methods are biasing your judgement of his motives. Is he doing it because he loves getting the attention? I don’t know and neither do you.

Have you ever done a customer service job for a while? I have, for the last 22 years in different capacities. You learn pretty quick how to spot those who crave attention vs those who are speaking out due a what they perceive as a legit reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom