AR prices dropping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ironically, I would bet that those who did gouge and said "there's no such thing" are going to be whining about "lowball offers" in about a month or so when the going rate drops to panic-selling prices (credit card bills are coming due, and some of us who have been through this a time or two saved up for just such a time as this).

Exactly. It's funny that it's "free market" when stuff is marked up 100% to 200%, but it's "lowballing" when someone is offering "fair market value" for overpriced stuff. For the record, I'm not accusing anyone of "gouging"; all I'm saying is remember those that treated the gun community with at least a little dignity, and support those places.

I'll be keeping an eye on the great sell-off that's right around the corner. And nobody b*tch when you get lowballed, either. It's "supply and demand, fair market value", remember?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just in 2A earlier this week, and all their Evil stuff was consignment and ridiculously priced but that's not their fault.

In 2008 Eric didn't raise his prices a bit, and I'll loyal to him because of that.

I'll be keeping an eye on the great sell-off that's right around the corner. And nobody b*tch when you get lowballed, either. It's "supply and demand, fair market value", remember?

I think the private "sell-off" won't happen.... people will be trying get their money back for their overpriced purchases for awhile.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evidently 2A thought they could sell those consignment rifles for the "panic price" or they would not have taken them on consignment at that price just to have them laying around their shop unsold. Every time I have sold anything on consignment I was told what the market price was and it was priced accordingly.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evidently 2A thought they could sell those consignment rifles for the "panic price" or they would not have taken them on consignment at that price just to have them laying around their shop unsold. Every time I have sold anything on consignment I was told what the market price was and it was priced accordingly.

Just because you were told what to price something at elsewhere and complied doesn't mean it's the norm elsewhere. Back when Eric was at OPS they simply asked what you wanted to sell it for. Doubt it's any different now.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most dealers I know wouldn't keep a outrageously priced consignment gun around just for the fun of it. It just doesn't make sense for a dealer to be responsible for and to clutter up their shop with something that isn't going to sell.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. It's funny that it's "free market" when stuff is marked up 100% to 200%, but it's "lowballing" when someone is offering "fair market value" for overpriced stuff. For the record, I'm not accusing anyone of "gouging"; all I'm saying is remember those that treated the gun community with at least a little dignity, and support those places.

I have seen both ways. You can price a $1,000 gun on here for $500a and someone will offer $200 and want you to drive an hour. Do I worry about it? No. If I don't like the price, I will offer what I will pay and move on.

chado

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the shops in my area have put their Ar rifles (on commission) since sandy hook. I assume to avoid the fallout of flat out price gouging. Funny thing is it's all guns that were new on the shelf a few weeks ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom