AR prices dropping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2A did have s few consignment ARs at high pricing but they also had their own ARs at lower. Guess which ones sold and which ones are still there. They also didn’t gouge on the big pile of 20 round AR mags, Glocks, Glock Mags etc.

When they got in a new shipment of .357 Sig ammo a couple of weeks ago it was the EXACT same price I paid in November. Other ammo did go up because their cost went up. People expect a range to be able to sell ammo. Especially on rental guns.

2A still gets my business.

As for those who bought thinking they were going to flip them for big money. Screw-em Who cares. This happens in lots of markets. Housing, Harley’s ARs whatever. I’ll trade anyone who wants it my letter that says “Your WCG Stock is hereby deemed canceled” for your AR. Seriously it was once worth 10-12 Colts. Live and Learn!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most dealers I know wouldn't keep a outrageously priced consignment gun around just for the fun of it. It just doesn't make sense for a dealer to be responsible for and to clutter up their shop with something that isn't going to sell.

Actually rifles on the shelves looks better than bare shelves. Besides..... Maybe some sold? Apparently there is no shortage of stupid buyers right now?

Besides.... what "dealers do you know?".... let's see what they have for sale and for what price?

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually rifles on the shelves looks better than bare shelves. Besides..... Maybe some sold? Apparently there is no shortage of stupid buyers right now?

Besides.... what "dealers do you know?".... let's see what they have for sale and for what price?

All within a hundred miles of home since most of them have some of my money. And any dealer I have checked is not selling AR15's for the same price as before the panic. They have all gone up due to supply and demand, it's what the market bears. Read the thread about SuperDaves gunshow this weekend as most of his dealers backed out due to no inventory. That's probably why you're statement about bare shelves look better with any rifle on them is true.

For some reason you seem to think I'm bashing 2A, which I'm not. The original point of my post was that I was surprised to hear that 2A felt the panic pricing was ending. Not to get into a pissing contest over consignment guns or gouging. Since they are a dealer, I figured they may of had more insight than the rest of us. I just hope they are right and the prices go down.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason you seem to think I'm bashing 2A, which I'm not. The original point of my post was that I was surprised to hear that 2A felt the panic pricing was ending. Not to get into a pissing contest over consignment guns or gouging. Since they are a dealer, I figured they may of had more insight than the rest of us. I just hope they are right and the prices go down.

I really didn't feel that you were bashing either nor am I getting into a pissing contest. Just pointing out that bare shelves don't pay the rent and while they may not agree with consignment prices...... there were probably some buyers for awhile if still not a few here and there. They've got nothing to lose. I will say that Eric was spot on in 2008 when Obama got elected, so he's a pretty good judge of the panic situations.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
hey guys im a FFl dealer and from my point of view . the prices from the companies like stag ,rock river ,and so on have not changed just the availabilty has changed .that being said my prices have stayed the same just the wait might be longer to get them. i refuse to sell a gun or anything else to a customer at artificially inflated prices .oil is a prime example of inflated priceing
thanks

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, from what i overheard in 2A that rock river that was $2,200 was on consignment. I'm guessing the owner maybe gave up on getting stupid money for it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom