AR Rings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious why you need to have it at a certain height? As long as the bell clears the handguard that's all you should need, right?

I think that's right. I figure, low as possible to clear. Any lower than 3/4 felt uncomfortable to me. I got a good consistent cheek weld and I think that's the important thing. He DID say he has a FSB though, so now that I think about it, I may have to try it on my other upper to see if it'll work.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fsb is not an issue because you won't see it with a magnified optic. The AR was designed to have the sights a certain height above the bore so when you hear "proper" height that means it should be the same or as close to the same height your irons would be. I only use two platforms. Either a cantilevered type mount like the ADM or LaRue or a Hahn scout rail with regular rings. I use low or medium height rings when using the scout rail spending on how large the scope objective is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom