AR Tigger Work in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my first AR and while it is everything I was looking for in an AR it leaves much to be wanted in the trigger. I definitely dont want to spend much so purchasing an aftermarket trigger group isn't what I'm wanting to do.

I've heard good things about Bill Springfield but would rather just do something local. Anybody around OKC experienced in working on factory AR triggers?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Bill only needs the trigger group and not your entire lower to do the work, I'll give you a trigger group to send to him. That way you won't have any down time with your gun missing parts waiting on them to get back. LMK.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Bill only needs the trigger group and not your entire lower to do the work, I'll give you a trigger group to send to him. That way you won't have any down time with your gun missing parts waiting on them to get back. LMK.

Thanks doc! That's great of you to offer, although I am not worried about not having the parts for a week or so. I was just more curious if there was a local smith that offered this service. Sounds like a good deal for what he's offering.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he's a good deal but I don't know of anyone local doing it

there are things you could do yourself such as the jps35 spring kit - with a stock trigger it will get ya to about a 4-4.5 lb pull

you can also do the minor work yourself. Some have had luck with stuff like the 15 minute trigger job and there is a lot you can do to improve your trigger.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of guys on this site could help you - if you are interested I have the stones and digital pull gauge if you want to learn how to do it yourself, and I can tell you what to do. If that's not something you are interested in, I am sure Mechanical Accuracy can get it done.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's real easy to DIY. Get the JP spring that Zombie mentioned (less than $10), use some Flitz on a polishing wheel to smooth up the hammer/trigger engagement surfaces, and use a cutoff wheel to do the speed mod to the hammer. You'll have a useable trigger pull in less than an hour and all for less than $10.

The hammer to the right shows what it should look like after the speed mod:

hammer-mod0.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom