Arby's Prohibits Concealed Weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OologahBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signs are just plain stupid.They may keep a honest law abiding citizen from having a CCW on there property. But the criminals, the people they have to worry about aren't paying any attention to the signs.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been studying this lately, and talked with cops, a SDA Instructor, and he spoke to a lawyer(DA) and they feel differently than what I've read in this forum. This forum feels that all they can do is ask you to leave and after this it could be considered a tresspass. There are a couples problems with this. Any "safety first" clerk shouldn't approach an unknown person that they spot carrying a gun. They have no idea who you are or what your plans are. The cops will then be called. In the SDA book, the state of Oklahoma give a Business Owner the right to prohibit the conceal carry of a weapon. If you violate this law that the state has given to the business owner you are in violation of this section
TITLE 21 § 1276. Penalty for 1272 and 1273
PENALTY FOR 1272 AND 1273

Any person violating the provisions of Section 1272 or 1273 shall, upon a
first conviction, be adjudged guilty of a misdemeanor and the party offending
shall be punished by a fine of not less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) nor
more than Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00), or by imprisonment in the
county jail for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days or both such fine and
imprisonment. On the second and every subsequent violation, the party
offending shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of not less than Two
Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00) nor more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00),
or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not less than thirty (30) days
nor more than three (3) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
Any person convicted of violating the provisions of Section 1272 or 1273
after having been issued a concealed handgun license pursuant to the provisions
of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 25 of this act, shall have
the license suspended for a period of six (6) months and shall be liable for an
administrative fine of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) upon a hearing and determination
by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of
the provisions of this section. delinquent or adjudicated delinquent
;

Also prosecuted under 1289.25.
Subsection D

Would one of our handy dandy police officers or lawyers care to quote on this as pertaining to a private business?

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Business owners have the right "to control the possession of weapons" on their property (excluding the parking lot).

Concealed carry in a given place must be specifically prohibited by law for penalties to apply.

The question is - do a proprietors' rules qualify as "specifically prohibited by law"? I don't think so, but we really need a lawyer to chime in.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is also important to thank those places that let you carry. I sent an e-mail to Best Buy and Starbucks telling them thank you and that I will do my business there. If we let these people know that we are proud of them for standing tall on the 2nd amendment then they will continue to have a reason to fight the Obamas and the Brady Bunches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom