Arcadia Lake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsdeerhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today the husband and I took off on the bike and just drove. We finally ended up in OKC for lunch, but on the way we passed Arcadia Lake and noticed that they have public hunting.

I've done some searching on line but I'm not having much luck. It looks like it is bow only, a draw & then you can purchase hunts after the draw has been held.

Anyone from that area have any information to add?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, and my face is sunburnt and hurts like HECK!! OUCH! :crying: OK, that is all.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
not really, only that the better areas are pretty much snagged already. $50 for a 4 day hunt is a little pricey, imo.

Mrsdeerhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I did go to Edmond's web site but I was having trouble with the links to Arcadia Lake & the deer hunting. Might give it another try tomorrow when I'm work and have DSL. On dial up right now and it's slow and funky. Could be the reason the links won't work for me right now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, when arcadia lake was built, one of the biggest bow bucks taken in the state was taken from there. Development came along, and I was at the ODWL meeting when hunting was discussed at that area. We all voted to keep the hunting as it was as the hunting was there before the development. Sad thing is that money talks, and there was a period when hunting was not allowed. The herd grew, and the homeowners complained about the deer eating their bushes, etc.
Again, if my memory serves me correctly, they wanted the OWDC to come in with sharpshooters to thin out the herd. They refused. I think the city of edmond opened up a bow season only?
There are probably some really big bucks in there is a person wants to take advantage of it. $50 bucks for four days isn't that bad considering I have to drive almost 90 miles a day. My fuel costs are at least that much.
You'd just have to get used to hearing people and residential noises during your hunt.

Abe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember a news broadcast a few years back about all the vehicle collisions with deer on 66. They had a camera crew out there and in the background they had a big ol buck that got hit by a car and it had a big ol rack sticking up over the bed rails of a pickup.

Mrsdeerhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great! Thanks guys! My husband, FIL and I have a lease in Bristow but we've lost part of it and the landowner says he plans to run cows on the part we can hunt. I'm a little disappointed, but still thankful that we have SOME place to hunt. We just thought that it might be worth the drive if we could hunt the Arcadia lake area!

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided to give it a try this year myself. The $50 was reasonable considering that I did not have any other place to go and my schedule is pretty busy during bow season. I attended teh drawing and got to visit with the staff for a few minutes. They seem to have a great handle on where the deer and were able to help me narrow down places to start in teh area I was drawn. Looking thru some of the pictures they had of both deer that had been taken and ones that they had of live deer was enough to get me excited. There are some pretty nice deer in the area and the hunting is spread out over a pretty good distance.

I have high hopes but I will not be too dissapointed if I dont take a deer. This hunt is a few minutes from where I work so I can hunt in the morning then go to work and hunt in the evening. In my mind it was a pretty easy way to increase the number of hours I can spend in the field.

Latest posts

Top Bottom