Arcadia Lake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have never hunted at Arcadia, but a fellow firefighter hunts it from time to time and he has taken a couple deer. He told me that when you take a deer they come out and pick it up and field dress it for you. The biologist are doing some type of study and that's why the dress the deer out for you. So that's included in the $50 dollar fee. I might give it a try this year.

AU_K9s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live about a mile away and see these guys in the backyard.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

If my memory serves me correctly, when arcadia lake was built, one of the biggest bow bucks taken in the state was taken from there. Development came along, and I was at the ODWL meeting when hunting was discussed at that area. We all voted to keep the hunting as it was as the hunting was there before the development. Sad thing is that money talks, and there was a period when hunting was not allowed. The herd grew, and the homeowners complained about the deer eating their bushes, etc.
Again, if my memory serves me correctly, they wanted the OWDC to come in with sharpshooters to thin out the herd. They refused. I think the city of edmond opened up a bow season only?
There are probably some really big bucks in there is a person wants to take advantage of it. $50 bucks for four days isn't that bad considering I have to drive almost 90 miles a day. My fuel costs are at least that much.
You'd just have to get used to hearing people and residential noises during your hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom