Archers Ghillie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what about the pre made ones on the link your supplied? Are those worth a damn?

dunno didnt look at em, i just randomly searched for a couple netting suppliers. generally store bought or online ones will never equal the durability and effectiveness of one custom made for your specific needs to your personal standard.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what would you be willing to make and sale one of these for? :)

they take too long for me to make to turn it into a business. i could maybe sell 2 or 3 a year, but if i had to pick a number i'd say prolly $6.50/hr to be fair (sitting on the couch watching tv while you sew isnt exactly skilled labor). one of the quality of this build would be about 70 hrs, so 450+cost of materials, ehhhhhh bout 700 bucks is what it would take me to overcome the desire to be lazy, with a 2.5-3 month turn around time. (hypothetically - not taking orders :p) personally i'd much rather teach the method than execute it. there's a lot of personal satisfaction from making it yourself.

you really cant sew more than an hour or two at once, it hurts your fingers pretty bad to the point of bruising, and about 20% of the stitching requires pliers to pull the needles through & thats pretty slow goin.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if anyone is looking for pre-made buy it & use it suits the highest quality i've found anywhere was on http://www.tacticalconcealment.com they have some pretty good stuff designed for military use.

this is similar to what i've made in appearance, you'd need to make some of the durability mods that i've done & you'd need to still make and attach all the ghillie material yourself. and i really hate the hooded hats. ball cap is the way to go in my opinion.
http://www.tacticalconcealment.com/pd-mamba-suit1.cfm

Latest posts

Top Bottom