Archery classes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caliyanks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind the free advice. But the wife and started archery this year as well. Its loads of fun. But, I would recommend you spend money on one lesson or even better, get someone to show you for free. The friends I had show us, did and said the same exact things a paid instructor did. Its easier than you would think. The main thing is to just go slow and paractice often. If you intend to go all hunger games, then more lessons would probably be in order. But after one quick class and some friendly advice, we were having a blast and were as acurate as the next guy. Get a forearm guard "Period". enjoy, oh and by the way, the archery crowd seems a little friendlier (with free advice) than the gun crowd. But thats just our opinion (not that the gun crowd is bad). Not trying to offend sorry in advance.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^ this
But the arm guard isn't really needed if you have proper form...
This is what improper form will get you!!!

i585.photobucket.com_albums_ss294_AllOut_59079CDF_2C85_4BB0_B6a56920395a500986c668a31fcfe6b2c2.jpg

Women have a tendency to hyper extend their arm and it needs to be addresses at the beginning.
Proper form and a bow that fits is the base for shooting and should the first thing to work on. Don't over due draw weight as it will cause improper form. Once thats accomplished then work on draw weight/strength. This should be done with out "shooting"... What I mean is no sights or trying to hit a target. Blind bailing should be done at first til proper form is achieved. Release and follow through are key to this! Then work or shooting/hitting targets.
Is she looking at shooting compound? Recurve? Etc
Does she have a bow already?

Caliyanks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone says you don't need the arm guard if you do it write. And so you know, i mentioned that to my forarm, but it didn't listen. Between me my wife and my son (in Army in Kansas) I was the only one that went home in pain. It was funny though. Just work on the form thing "ALLout talks about. thats great advice I got too late. Now I wanna go get my bow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom