Are you going to Wannemacher's in April?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to Wannemacher's?

• Yes

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I'll brave the stench, motorized carts, stroller nazis, old friends standing three abreast in the isle chatting about sports, and the generally uncivil dealers who think their stuff is priceless. Oh, and the occasional gunshots. That always makes for a nice show.

But OSA won't give me what I want. A mint Python for $500. A 2014 BMW for $1000.

So I'm forced to search. Wanamacher, here I come! (Maybe I can get my wife to drop me off.)

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, and the occasional gunshots. That always makes for a nice show.

QUOTE]

What???????????

One year (don't remember which), there was a cordoned off area where a dealer had discharged a firearm. Shotgun, I think. Shattered a couple of display cases and wounded the guy next to him. IIRC, it was on the lower level. It was a big deal.

I frequently read about negligent discharges. Not necessarily confined to this show, but at gun shows nonetheless. Scary.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on the east side of that table about three tables to the south. & yes I am going already had my ticket & got my reminder in the mail this AM .

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark's Firearms will be set up at Island 28D drop by and say hi, tell me your OSA user name,
I always like to put a face with the name. The Mighty Pen Co. will also be in our Island. Just look for the banner that looks like this.

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa433_n1ghthawk1_small_icon_marks_firerms_tek8_zps26d21246.jpg

We will have lots of these

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa433_n1ghthawk1_gun_show_1_500x306_zpsecc82860.jpg

And these, but in better condition

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa433_n1ghthawk1_2001111020Guns_zpsbeacd3c9.jpg

See you there!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One year (don't remember which), there was a cordoned off area where a dealer had discharged a firearm. Shotgun, I think. Shattered a couple of display cases and wounded the guy next to him. IIRC, it was on the lower level. It was a big deal.

I frequently read about negligent discharges. Not necessarily confined to this show, but at gun shows nonetheless. Scary.

About four or five years back, someone on the upper level at the Wanenmacher show was handling a pistol that the seller had left loaded, and it went off and put a hole in the roof. I was there when that negligent discharge happened, and the entire place went quiet for a few seconds.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't gone in a couple of years. I might make this one. Don't have anything in particular I'm looking for, but every so often something catches my eye.

This is how I feel - I'm probably going just for the sharp-pointy things. If you go to the W looking for something other than guns/ammo, you have a lot better time.

This has actually happened several times. I want to say 3 or 4 times at the "W" that I know of in the last several years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom