Argh!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I have a fairly new Ruger Mk III that I was disassembling to install a Majestic Arms kit on. While taking it apart, instead of going to walmart and getting a dowel to drive the bolt stop pin out, I used a steel punch (like an idiot) and put a scar on the pistol! It's not big, and it's only cosmetic, but still! It drives me nuts! I just needed to vent.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll try to put a picture up when I get it back together. I'm having some trouble installing the SSK, and between in frustrating me and the scar I put on the pistol I just had to put it down for a while. My amateur gun smithing skills are being strained.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Masking tape is your friend, I always put a piece of tape over a pin before I try to drive it out. Did the trigger on my Browing Hi-power with nary a scratch.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I have a fairly new Ruger Mk III that I was disassembling to install a Majestic Arms kit on. While taking it apart, instead of going to walmart and getting a dowel to drive the bolt stop pin out, I used a steel punch (like an idiot) and put a scar on the pistol! It's not big, and it's only cosmetic, but still! It drives me nuts! I just needed to vent.

Why did you do this? :scratch:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Why did u do this? :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom