Arkansas concealed carry and P.I. weapon carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would also check on whether you can carry in a church. last time i checked the AR state laws, that was still illegal although i know a bill was sponsored to that effect

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You CAN NOT carry in church. I believe they are going to make another run on getting that changed this year.
Since you have to Notify LEO In Ok. It's no big deal but I think you still have to in Ark. I had heard they changed that but It still shows as a notify state so I would just plan on that too.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arkansas is fairly similiar to Oklahoma the exception being churches, those are a no go in AR and home owners/tennants notification, statute says you have to inform a homeowner/legal tennant(in the case of a rental home) if you are carrying concealed. Also legal notification that CCW is prohibitied carrys teeth in Arkansas and if no concealed carry is posted at the entrance to a private property, for example a hotel parking lot then carry in the parking is prohibited as well.

We usually stay at the Ft. Smith Marriot when we go there and I know for a fact you are good to go for carry on their property

Reading the latest copy of their statutes it appears they fixed the restraunts serving alchohol portion. In the past if a restraunt served alchohol it was off limits because of the way they license the sales of alchohol in AR, a restraunt has to be licensed as a private club to serve booze.

My wifes family lives in Van Buren and Ft. Smith areas we carry all the time when we travel to AR.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we will be staying in eureka springs for a few days, should i call ahead and check the hotel policy?

I haven't seen may places in AR post no gun signs, as a matter of fact I can't rmember any, oh wait the hospital in Ft. Smith had one.

Your hotel room with minor exceptions is your domicile(home) for the duration of your stay so even if it is no CCW you can unload and transpo to your room.

I had to do this in wichita, every hotel I checked in the downtown wichita area had no guns signs up, them people are afraid of the blood that's gonna run in the streets if we carry our guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom